Choosing the right web browser
Filed in Getting Started & Troubleshooting
YOUR WEB BROWSER CHOICE IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
The use of outdated / standards-lagging web browsers has wasted millions of dollars and has greatly hindered the advancement of the internet.
We strongly encourage the use of web browser applications that actively support the latest coding standards. By using these applications:
You Benefit: The security, speed and experience of your web browsing is vastly improved. Web pages will be handled more elegantly and will be rendered beautifully.
The Web Benefits: The more people that support the latest coding standards, the less time web developers need to spend on accommodating outdated and lagging web browser applications. This translates directly and considerably to more time spent, by web developers collectively, on moving the web forward based upon the latest standards.
Aarcade is extremely passionate about providing you with the best user experience in all areas of the web as well as contributing to the advancement of the web wherever possible. To help us with this goal, please consider using one of the following web browser applications for all of your web browsing.
If you are currently using a different web browser application, changing to one of the following is free and will take only a few minutes of your time.
Keep it updated!
If you are already using one of the listed web browser applications, please make sure that you always have the latest version installed. This is just as important as choosing the right browser.
Upgrade now if necessary!
Recommended Web Browser Applications
- Apple Safari (available for Mac OS and Windows)
- Google Chrome (available for Mac OS and Windows)
- Mozilla FireFox (available for Mac OS and Windows)
Please also refer to the Aarcade Support article Which desktop application should I use to read and manage my email?
Troubleshooting browser issues
Corrupt, outdated and/or standards-lagging browsers can cause many issues with web user interfaces and layouts. If you are experiencing issues using an Aarcade or Big Cartel user interface or viewing any related pages, the best first step is to check your browser by carrying out the following steps (stopping at a step if it resolves your issue):
- Upgrade your browser to the latest available version – refer to your browser help for more information.
- Ensure that you have Cookies enabled – refer to these instructions.
- Clear your browser cache – refer to these instructions.
- Clear your browser cookies – refer to these instructions.
- Disable any plugins or addons you have installed to your browser, typically this is done via your browser’s preferences control – refer to your browser help for more information.
- Restart your local computer, devices and network (modem, etc.).
- Download a different web browser from the Recommended Web Browser Applications list in the previous section of this article.
- Test from a different computer/device and location to completely rule out your browser and local network as a factor in your issue.
- How do I install my Big Cartel theme?Getting Started & Troubleshooting
- How do I uninstall a theme or restore a backed up theme?Getting Started & Troubleshooting
- How do I back up my Big Cartel theme?Getting Started & Troubleshooting
- Getting started with your new Big Cartel shopGetting Started & Troubleshooting