How do I apply a custom domain to my Tumblr blog?
Filed in Domain
Please note that Aarcade custom domain and email services are only available with an Aarcade Domain & Email Plan.
Adding Tumblr to your site is a great way to incorporate an additional blog and pages into your web space while taking advantage of the easy to use controls and social features of one of Aarcade’s favourite blogging platforms.
Confirm Your Tumblr Address
To incorporate a Tumblr blog with your site, you must first confirm your site’s Tumblr address. By default this will be the sub-domain “blog” for your Aarcade managed domain. So, for example, if your custom domain shop address is:
then your Tumblr address will be
If Aarcade has set up a different Tumblr address for you, then you must use this different Tumblr address instead of http://blog.yourdomain.com.
Visit your Tumblr address now. If it is set up properly you will see a blue background “Not Found” message that does not have the same design as your web site.
If instead you do not see such a message, this means that your Tumblr address is not set up. In this case, please contact Aarcade Support to have your Tumblr address set up for you.
Create Your Tumblr Account
Set Your Tumblr Address
1. From the dashboard of your Tumblr account, click the Settings gear icon at the top of the page.
2. Click the blog you want to apply your custom domain to on the left side of the page.
3. In the URL section of the Settings page, check the Use a custom domain name option and enter your custom domain underneath the check box, leaving out the http://
Your custom domain should ALWAYS be in the format:
Using our example, you would enter blog.yourdomain.com
Save and Confirm
Click the Save button at the top or bottom of the Settings page. Visit your Tumblr address to confirm that your Tumblr is now viewable. If it is not immediately viewable, please allow a day for the change you have made to resolve.
Start Using Your Tumblr
- How do I set my custom domain in my Blogger admin?Domain & Email
- How do I set my custom domain in my Big Cartel admin?Domain & Email
- How do I transfer my domain registration to Aarcade?Domain & Email
- How do I set up a custom domain for my Big Cartel shop?Domain & Email
- How do I set my custom domain in my WordPress.com admin?Domain & Email