How do I allocate my domain management to Aarcade?
Filed in Domain
Please note that Aarcade custom domain and email services are only available with an Aarcade Domain & Email Plan.
If your domain is already registered elsewhere you will need to allocate your domain management to Aarcade using one of the following options.
Some registrars may issue a warning, when changing your domain settings, regarding loss of email or other domain functions. This is normal, as Aarcade’s service will be replacing all of these functions.
If you have existing content or email at your domain, you should back-up the files (via ftp) and/or messages (refer support article) you wish to keep BEFORE applying one of the following options.
Option 1: Nameserver Change
You can maintain your domain registration with your current provider and simply “point it” to Aarcade. The benefits of this option are:
- No transfer delay, means your domain set up is completed in less time
- No additional steps required other than nameserver setting change (see below)
- Works for all domain extensions
To proceed with this option, simply update your domain nameserver settings to:
You must remove all existing nameserver settings and overwrite them with the above.
If you have less than 5 nameserver fields available, simply assign Nameserver 1, Nameserver 2 and so on until you have filled all of your available fields.
These settings can be changed via the control panel provided by your current domain registrar. If you are having difficulty locating these settings or making these changes, you should contact your registrar directly.
Option 2: Domain Transfer
This option is available for .com, .net, .org or .us domains only. If you have a different domain extension, please use Option 1 above.
You can transfer your domain registration to Aarcade. The benefits of this option are:
- Consolidate and reduce* your domain costs (once your transfer is complete you can cancel your current domain registration account)
- Consolidate your domain management (Aarcade manages all aspects of your domain registration and management for you)
*Note that your Aarcade subscription covers domain transfer to Aarcade, and ongoing registration, without any addition or change to cost.
Domain transfer typically takes between 5 and 7 business days, however your domain will remain up and functioning in its current state during this process.
To proceed with this option, refer to support article How do I transfer my domain registration to Aarcade?
- How do I flush my cache of old domain data?Domain & Email
- How do I set my custom domain in my WordPress.com admin?Domain & Email
- How do I apply a custom domain to my Tumblr blog?Domain & Email
- How do I use my domain name for my 3rd party web application?Domain & Email
- How do I redirect my non-www to my www custom Big Cartel domain?Domain & Email