How do I forward emails from my old email account to my new one?
Filed in Domain & Email
Please note that Aarcade custom domain and email services are only available with an Aarcade Domain & Email Plan.
Forwarding emails can cause issues with spam filtering and blocking of the account (and sometimes server) that is doing the forwarding. It is therefore best practice to use your new email account’s message retrieval tools to fetch email from your old account, rather than simply forwarding email from your old account.
Retrieving Email Using Your Aarcade Email Tools
If you are using your Aarcade email services – i.e. you do not have the superseded Google powered email system and you have not integrated your Aarcade account with Google’s Gmail system – to retrieve email from your old account:
- Log into your webmail – at http://webmail.your-domain.com – and navigate to the Settings > Advanced Settings > Message Retrieval area of your admin.
- Click the New button at the top of the right panel.
- Enter the incoming email settings for your old email account. We recommend that you use the POP protocol, if it is available for your old account, as well as the following settings:
- Retrieval Method: Automatic
- Destination Folder: Inbox
- Leave messages on server: Check
- Enable spam filtering: Uncheck
The remaining settings will depend upon the service for your old email account. Refer to the instructions provided for your old account for more details.
- Click the Save button at the top of the right panel.
- Check that your messages are being retrieved from your old account (note that message retrieval rate may vary and occur once every 10 to 60 minutes). If messages are not being retrieved, check and edit the your retrieval settings accordingly.
An example of settings to retrieve messages from a Gmail account:
Retrieving Email Using Your Google Email Tools
If you have the superseded Google powered email system or you have integrated your Aarcade account with Google’s Gmail system – to retrieve email from other accounts use your Gmail Mail Fetcher as details in the Google support article Centralize mail from different accounts with Mail Fetcher.
- How do I access my email with a desktop application?Domain & Email
- How do I access my email with an iPhone or mobile device?Domain & Email
- How do I change my email account 'From' name?Domain & Email
- How do I upgrade my email service to get more accounts or more space?Domain & Email
- How do I access my email?Domain & Email