What is the size of my header area?
Filed in Header
You can upload an image of any size to your header area – see How do I upload my own logo or header image to my Big Cartel theme? – but keep in mind the following:
- If your image is wider than your theme’s header area (see table below) it will be cropped and/or resized and image quality will suffer. For best results, size your image with a width less than or equal to that of your header area before uploading it.
- You can increase or decrease the spacing (i.e. margin) around the header image – see section Adjusting Header Margins of article How do I change the margin and alignment of my header text, image or logo? – and this will affect the total area available for your image. Your theme may have other settings that also affect your header area (see table notes below).
- The height of your header area is not restricted by your theme layout (up to a maximum of 1000px), so uploading a skinny and tall image will create a tall header area. This is not typically desirable, as it pushes important navigation and content further down the page and out of the visitor’s focus.
- Your header image does not need to be the full width of the header area. Uploading a small logo and optonally increasing the margins and/or changing the alignment (see item 2 above) can be just as effective as a full size header image.
Header Image Area Dimensions
|Theme Name||Header Area Width (Default Margins)||Header Area Width (Margins at 0)||Notes|
|Tupelo||138px||138px||Area is intended for a logo image. Width of area will increase with sidebar_width setting in Extra Styles.|
Following are style blocks that have different values for the header area width than their related theme above.
|Style Block Name||Header Area Width (Default Margins)||Header Area Width (Margins at 0)||Notes|
|Milk – Freewheel||120px||120px||Area is intended for a logo image. Width of area will increase with sb_title_logo_width setting, height will increase with sb_top_bar_height setting and vertical position will increase with sb_title_logo_vertical_position setting – refer to section Style Block Settings of the Freewheel installation instructions.|
|Uptown – Malt||400px||400px||Area is intended for a logo image. Width of area will increase with sb_site_title_width setting – refer to section Style Block Settings of the Malt installation instructions.|
|Downtown – Snakewood||480px||480px||Area is intended for a logo image.|
- How do I change the margin and alignment of my header text, image or logo?Header, Footer & Menus
- How do I edit my shop title text size and style?Header, Footer & Menus
- How do I upload my own logo or header image to my Big Cartel theme?Header, Footer & Menus
- How do I control the spacing between my menu items?Header, Footer & Menus
This support site is for the Aarcade domain and email service, wholesale order form and version 2 themes.
For the latest (version 3) theme support, please refer to support.aarcade.net