Will installing my new Big Cartel theme affect my products, pages or custom domain?
Filed in Compatibility and my shop
Theme installation works in an area of your shop admin that is completely separate from your products and custom pages. As such, all of the settings, information and images you have set for your store, current products and custom pages will remain intact and untouched after the installation of a new Big Cartel theme.
Furthermore, your admin area will appear and function exactly the same way it did before your new theme was installed. Regardless of the theme you install, your product and shop controls retain the same easy user interface that allow you to add and edit your products at any time – refer to What is Big Cartel? What is Aarcade? for more information.
Theme installation will only overwrite your theme files, i.e. the coding in your Customize design > Advanced () admin area. This is why our installation process covers backing up your current theme – if you have customised it in any way – so you can easily refer to, or restore, your old custom coding at any time in the future.
What about my custom domain?
Your Big Cartel theme does not affect your custom domain settings. If you have applied a custom domain to your Big Cartel shop correctly, it will display your shop in the same way before and after the installation of a new Big Cartel theme.
- Can I make an Aarcade theme look like...?Pre-Purchase FAQs
- What is required before I can install an Aarcade theme?Pre-Purchase FAQs
- Do Aarcade's Big Cartel themes work on mobile devices?Pre-Purchase FAQs
- Can I keep my old theme and shop live while I install and customise an Aarcade theme?Pre-Purchase FAQs
- Can I see a live installation of an Aarcade theme?Pre-Purchase FAQs